Video Tutorial: Application for a Temporary Resident Visa Made Outside of Canada IMM 5257


In this video, I discuss completing the Application for a Temporary Resident Visa form. This application is required for individuals who wish to visit Canada and who are from one of these countries.  If you are from one the countries listed, you will also need a temporary resident visa even if you are only traveling through Canada (on a flight for example) on your way to someplace else.

Remember that visitors are individuals who do not have permanent residence (or citizenship) and who are visiting Canada for any reason (family, business, pleasure, and so forth).  Even those applying for a work permit will also require a TRV if they are from one of the countries listed in the link above.

I hope you find this video useful.  As with all of our videos, it is not sufficient for a complete application.  Use the video only in conjunction with the instructions from Citizenship and Immigration Canada, and you should follow those instructions in the case that they conflict with any information provided in the video below.  Remember that this is not legal advice – every situation is different and requires analysis of those particular facts in order to propose a strategy to enter Canada.

The best compliment we can get is the sharing of our content – please share this link if you believe others will benefit.

About the author

Gianpaolo Panusa Gianpaolo Panusa is a Canadian immigration lawyer, writer, and founder of the PanCanadian Immigration Law Group based in Vancouver, Canada. Google+ Profile