Renewing a supervisa at Vegreville


For those of you who have been issued a supervisa, you quickly realized that the promise of a 10 year entry visa was in fact a one or two year entry visa, that must be renewed.

Why is this the case?

CIC wants to ensure that after one or two years, the conditions under which the supervisa were issued have not changed.  For example, do your parents still have adequate medical coverage?  Are they still residing with you?  Can you meet their food and lodging needs?

If your parents are currently residing in Canada with you, then the renewal application is sent to CPC Vegreville.  Currently, the address is:

CPC Vegreville
Visitor and Temporary Resident Permit
6212-55th Avenue – Unit 303
Vegreville, AB
T9C 1W1

However, please check the address on the CIC website before you send anything – CIC often changes addresses without much notice.

What should be included in a renewal application?

In essence, your renewal application (which is an Application to Change Conditions or Extend Your Stay in Canada as a Visitor) should contain all the information you provided in your initial supervisa application, with updated information. So new medical coverage insurance should be included, along with tax information, job letter, and so forth.

Don’t take this application lightly – if you don’t do it right, the supervisa won’t be renewed and your parents will have to return to their home country.

I’ve included a copy of a renewed supervisa here if you want to see what it looks like.

If you’ve found this information helpful, please share this post with your social network or on your blog or website with appropriate credit.  Thanks!

About the author

Gianpaolo Panusa Gianpaolo Panusa is a Canadian immigration lawyer, writer, and founder of the PanCanadian Immigration Law Group based in Vancouver, Canada. Google+ Profile