BC PNP: Regional Category2005-07-22
Applying through a PNP (or “provincial nomination program” can speed up an application immensely, as accepted applicants are nominated by the province to the federal government for acceptance.
The British Columbia PNP Regional Business Category has a great advantage for applicants with top level senior management experience who do not have the net worth or (or desire) to apply under the investor category. Unlike the federal entrepreneur program, the BC PNP program does not require previous business ownership in order to qualify (senior management experience with decision-making authority will suffice). Elements of the program include:
– Minimum net worth of $600,000
– Minimum investment of $300,000 (excluding real estate)
– Minimum 50% equity in the BC business, established outside Greater Vancouver
– Business to create 2 new jobs
– Applicant to have an active role
The best part? You don’t pay the $3000 application fee until AFTER you are accepted. Very nice indeed.