2018 is the right time to move to Canada

2018 is the right time to move to Canada, says immigration lawyer Evelyn Ackah

Have you always wanted to move to Canada? 2018 is the right time for you to move to Canada! 

Canada recently announced a multi-year immigration plan to admit nearly 1 million immigrants by 2020. The government’s plan focuses on the successful integration of new immigrants and includes admitting nearly 300,000 immigrants in 2018. Every year, thousands of people around the world want to move to Canada, but are waiting for the “right time.” There are many reasons to move to Canada – a strong economy, excellent public health care and education, a strong sense of community, and a community that values family unification.

2018 is the right time to move to Canada, says immigration lawyer Evelyn Ackah. She believes qualifed immigrants help build a stronger Canada:

Many talented, educated and creative people want to move to our country to work and start businesses that will improve our economy and create jobs. Canada’s emphasis on family reunification welcomes new immigrants with strong family ties who want to build their lives here. I support our government’s goals to welcome newcomers to Canada and provide them with the tools and resources to successfully integrate into their local community and their new lives as Canadians.

  • Guide to Canadian Immigration Law and United States Cross-Border Immigration Law: Free eBook
    Our guide will help you learn about your opportunities to Move to Canada under Canadian and US Cross-Border Immigration Law.

    Here’s what you will find covered in our guide:

    • How to Move to Canada
    • Business Visitor Cross-border Applications
    • Temporary Residence Status in Canada – TRV Visa
      • Work Permit Applications
      • Parent & Grandparent Extended Stay Temporary Resident Visa (“Super Visa”)
      • LMIA
      • Childcare Visa
    • Permanent Residence Applications – Provincial Nomination
      • Express Entry Applications
      • Startup and Entrepreneur Programs
      • Skilled Worker Programs
    • Citizenship Applications
    • Assistance with Inadmissibility issues due to criminality or medical issues
    • Study Permits
    • United States Non-Immigrant Status: B-1 Visa, B-2 Visa, NAFTA permits, L1 Visa,  H–1B,  E-1 and E-2 Visas
  • Documentation Required to Move to Canada
    Before you can move to Canada, you must apply for permanent Canadian residency with the office of Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada. To enter Canada as either a visitor or to move to Canada temporarily or permanent, there are certain documents you must have to cross the border, or you will not be allowed to enter. Some documents are essential and required of anyone entering Canada, other documents may be required depending on your unique situation. If you are traveling with family members, each family member will also require documents.
  • How to Apply for A Canada Work Permit
    Before you can work in Canada, you must apply for a Canadian work permit with the office of Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada. 

  • How to Prepare for the Canada Citizenship Test
    The requirements to become a Canadian citizen are outlined by Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada  (IRCC). if you are between 14 and 64 years of age when you apply for citizenship, you must take the citizenship test. All the test questions are based on what’s in the free Discover Canada guide. Applicants must study this guide in order to prepare for the test. The guide is available in both English and French. The time and place of the are provided once the application is processed and you learn the results immediately after completing the test.

  • How to Move to Canada to Attend University
    In order to study in Canada, international students usually require a study permit. This is a document available only after a college, university, or other accredited educational institution has accepted you. Study permits are only available for those accepted to schools designated to accept international students. Not all students technically require a study permit, if the program is less than 6 months, you will not require a study permit. 

Book a Consultation Today Evelyn Ackah Immigration Lawyer

Do you have questions about moving to Canada? We Can Help

Evelyn Ackah is a Canada immigration law expert and founder and managing lawyer at Ackah Business Immigration Law. Business immigration law focuses on helping people move into new opportunities — both personally and professionally. Ackah Immigration Law helps you to navigate the complex maze of rules and regulations involved with Canadian, U.S. and International immigration law with confidence. Headquartered in Calgary and with offices in Vancouver and Toronto, Ackah Business Immigration Law provides legal immigration advice for those looking to move for work, education or personal reasons.

We provide expertise in all areas of immigration law ranging from corporate immigration to personal and family immigration matters. We provide comprehensive immigration services to clients around the world representing corporations, institutions, not for profit organizations and individual clients. As your immigration lawyers and paralegals, we provide you with timely and strategic advice relating to the constantly changing immigration laws and regulations.

Contact Ackah Business Immigration Law

Calgary: (403) 452‑9515     Vancouver: (604) 985‑9512     Toronto: (416) 643‑7177

North America: 1 (800) 932-1190


About the author

Evelyn Ackah Evelyn Ackah is the Founder and Managing Lawyer at Ackah Business Immigration Law. She has been practicing law since 1999 and brings her passion and knowledge for immigration law to her corporate and individual clients from all over the world. Calgary • Toronto • Vancouver        Connect with Evelyn:        LinkedIn: evelynackah       Twitter: @AckahLaw       Facebook: AckahBusinessImmigrationLaw