Immigration Canada - PanCanadian Immigration Law Group

While I'm on study permit a minor turns 18

Discussion in 'Studying in Canada' started by Luis Jemio, Mar 23, 2015.

  1. Luis Jemio

    Luis Jemio New Member


    I have been accepted for a 2-year program at George Brown College from Sept 2015 - Sept 2017 and then I will apply for a Post Graduate permit and extend up to 2020.
    I will take my whole family with me, however my oldest son will turn 18 in October 2016 while I'm still under study permit. He will be still in his last year of high school.
    What will be his status in Canada when he turns 18?. What options would he have to stay in Canada?

    I just hope this is the right place to get some answers, as I need to layout a plan for him before I even move to Canada.

    Thank you.
  2. Panusa

    Panusa Administrator Staff Member

    Yes that's a tough one. Best approach would likely be a visitor visa or student visa application for him to match the dates on your visa.

Share This Page