Immigration Canada - PanCanadian Immigration Law Group


Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Paula226, Jan 27, 2014.

  1. Paula226

    Paula226 New Member

    I was wondering if anybody could please give me some advice.
    I am 19 years old and from the UK. I am wanting to volunteer and help out a family in BC Canada for 2 months this summer. I will be taking on the role of a 'big sister' and will not be paid for any work that I do. I will also be paying for all my own expenses, however I will be staying with the family.
    Will I have to have any type of visa for this?
    Any advice would be much appreciated as I am very confused!
    Many thanks
  2. Samson2

    Samson2 New Member

    Hi Paula226. Since it is under 3 months it sounds more like a vacation to Canada. I think as long as you aren't being paid you shouldn't need anything like a work or visitor visa.

Share This Page