Immigration Canada - PanCanadian Immigration Law Group

Visitor visa to work permit

Discussion in 'Working in Canada' started by PierreL, Nov 21, 2013.

  1. PierreL

    PierreL New Member

    I am a French citizen in Calgary on a study permit that is close to expiration. If I receive a visitor visa to legally stay in Canada, can I then apply for a work permit if I find a sponsor while I am still in Canada? Please help!
  2. Zhang2

    Zhang2 New Member

    i think you can do that. you can go to the website canadaworkpermit dot com for more info. they have an assessment to help with work eligibility question
  3. PierreL

    PierreL New Member

    Thank you! Have you used this site before to help with a work permit?
  4. Rosalie

    Rosalie New Member

    According to the Citizen and Immigration website you may apply for a work permit inside Canada if you have a study permit or a work permit. It does not say you can apply with a visitor's visa. Look at the website because you may need to apply for the work permit before your study permit expires.
  5. PierreL

    PierreL New Member

    Thank you for your help!

Share This Page