Immigration Canada - PanCanadian Immigration Law Group

urgent for husband in canada

Discussion in 'Sponsorship' started by musu, Dec 14, 2013.

  1. musu

    musu New Member

    Hi sir.
    We are really confused in a case. I was a student but became permanent last year in Oct. I have a husband, got marries on Dec last year. We start leaving together from this month as there were lots of problmss. I applied to sponsor my husband but withdraw my application before a month n got my money back. My husband is a student n has been working in Manitoba from last 5 months and studied from Ontario. His visa is gonna expire on Nov 2014. I m wandering if u can suggest us a way so he can have his PR as soon as possible.
    Thank u
  2. Panusa

    Panusa Administrator Staff Member

    Generally speaking, a person in your situation could do an "in-Canada" sponsorship application with an open work permit application. An "in-Canada" sponsorship application allows a spouse in Canada to remain in Canada until processing is done (implied status). However, it does not allow a spouse to leave and re-enter Canada once that spouse's current status (i.e., study permit or work permit or visitor visa) expires.

    That would likely be an option for you depending on your circumstances.
  3. musu

    musu New Member

    Thanks for this. But is there any another way for him to apply like on student basis in Manitoba, if yes plz tell me the way. Either I can again sponsors him outside Canada in India that is much faster but not sure as I withdraw file one time. Plz help
  4. dian11

    dian11 New Member

    Thank you very much for this post :)
  5. Panusa

    Panusa Administrator Staff Member

    Please keep us updated when you can.

Share This Page