Immigration Canada - PanCanadian Immigration Law Group

Two fold question

Discussion in 'Criminal Charges and Convictions' started by Jack500, Aug 7, 2012.

  1. Jack500

    Jack500 New Member

    Hi there , I have a tricky situation, I just got nominated by SINP with my wife named on it to accompany me, the problem is my Canadian employer wants me to get my work permit at the point of entry cos they want me urgently, which I can do since I'm Irish , the problem is my wife is Filipino and has a Filipino passport and also eight years ago an ex boyfriend took her to Europe, after failing to get a visa he provided a false European passport, he was very abusive and when she tried to flee home she got caught with the passport and got deported by Dutch athourities. She sent in affidavit to the SINP and they approved her. How should we proceed now? I don't think she can apply at the point of entry and I'm very worried she won't get in at all. I would appreciate any help or advice you would have. Thank you in advance .
  2. Panusa

    Panusa Administrator Staff Member

    As you've likely discovered, a citizen of the Phillipines can not apply for a temporary resident visa (or an open work permit in your wife's case) at the border. I'm assuming you're speaking about the Saskatchewan provincial program. Approval through that program for PR does not necessarily mean she would be approved for temporary residence, as the deportation may be an issue. The tests for temporary vs permanent residence are very different. If you both have strong connections to your home country, you may wish to try applying for a work permit before arriving at the border - it only takes about 6 weeks (or less) and your employer should be able to live with that timeframe. I hope this helps.
  3. Pioneer

    Pioneer Member

    If she has had a prior problem because of a crime, Canada is not going to welcome her with open arms. Even if the problem was not her fault, she was involved. You might have to tell your job you can only take on the spot temporarily, if at all.
  4. Shineey

    Shineey New Member

    It seems unfair that she could lose out for something that was not her fault. Is it likely that temporary residence would be granted in such a case, even if permanent residence is never a possibility?
  5. Panusa

    Panusa Administrator Staff Member

    Inadmissibility rules apply to both temporary and permanent residence applications. However, a temporary resident permit can allow temporary residence if rehabilitation is not available. A TRP won't help with a PR application usually.
  6. dian11

    dian11 New Member

    This is very good :)

Share This Page