Immigration Canada - PanCanadian Immigration Law Group

temporary resident visa processing and eligibility

Discussion in 'Visiting Canada' started by Ridgebek, Mar 2, 2012.

  1. Ridgebek

    Ridgebek New Member

    supporting documents depending if as tourist or as friend/family : and if combination of both but financial resources are coming from boyfriend (with plans to marry this year) travelling together with applicant; is case realistic ?
  2. Panusa

    Panusa Administrator Staff Member

    The test for a temporary resident visa is this: will the applicant return to his or her own country when the visa expires? You need to show as many connections as you can to your country: property, lease, bank accounts, employment, family, obligations to name a few - anything that links you to your country would help. If your boyfriend will provide you with room and board and finances while in Canada that would help, but will not likely be enough without the solid links to your country that you'll have to show.

    If you visit the Canada Immigration Bookstore, you'll find my ebook, "How to Visit Canada" which contains a lot of valuable strategies to help place your application in the best light.
  3. Pioneer

    Pioneer Member

    I don't understand - do you have to show connections to the country that you are coming from? Or your connections to Canada, to show a good reason why you should be allowed to stay?
  4. Panusa

    Panusa Administrator Staff Member

    Connections to your home country - you have to show you will leave after your visa expires.
  5. abroaduni

    abroaduni New Member

    You need to show your connections to that country or show that he will return to his country,when visa expires.For more info,you should contact with a good travel agent or visa expert.

    immigration to canada

Share This Page