Immigration Canada - PanCanadian Immigration Law Group

sponsoring my husband

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by audrey kankiewicz, Feb 28, 2013.

  1. audrey kankiewicz

    audrey kankiewicz New Member

    once we file the paper work for my husband to move to Ontario will he be able to go across the border from USA or does he have to wait for a reply from Immigration Canada
  2. Panusa

    Panusa Administrator Staff Member

    Do you mean visit or move permanently? Visiting should be fine so long as he meets all the temporary resident requirements. There is the concept of "dual-intent" which means you can intend to visit for a short period, and also intend to apply for permanent residence, at the same time.
  3. audrey kankiewicz

    audrey kankiewicz New Member

    no just visit we will not be moving up there until we get the ok from immigration
  4. Pioneer

    Pioneer Member

    Visiting a country is usually not a problem. It's when they suspect you might want to stay longer that they become suspicious. They don't mind visitors, but they do have a problem with illegal aliens. Canada has to be careful, just like other countries.

Share This Page