Immigration Canada - PanCanadian Immigration Law Group

Sponsor parents from abroad?

Discussion in 'Sponsorship' started by John Q, Oct 10, 2014.

  1. John Q

    John Q New Member

    A Canadian citizen working in Central Asia for an international organization, (at the behest of the Canadian government no less) is now facing questions about her "residency" requirements for sponsorship applications for her parents which she submitted years ago. Does she have any recourse if rejected? What recourse does she have (aside from appeals and Fed court) It does not seem right that a person serving her country overseas should be subject to this regulation. There is no intent whatsoever to remain overseas, but to return to Canada forthwith, especially when, and if, the parents applications are approved.
  2. Panusa

    Panusa Administrator Staff Member

    Depends on the facts, and if that individual was working for the Canadian government and is on assignment for the government or not.

    Appeal is to the Immigration Appeal Division.
  3. John Q

    John Q New Member

    The person is "seconded' by the Canadian government, yet not technically employed by the Cdn gov't. However, employment with this organization is not possible without gov't approval. The Cdn. gov't is a member of this UN type org of 57 nations.
  4. Mark Smith

    Mark Smith Member

Share This Page