Immigration Canada - PanCanadian Immigration Law Group

sponsor living outside canada

Discussion in 'Sponsorship' started by Mrs. M Baloch, Mar 12, 2014.

  1. Mrs. M Baloch

    Mrs. M Baloch New Member

    hey everyone..
    i m stuck in a situation. if any one can suggest me some things..
    i m canadian by birth but i only spent 2 years of my early life thr,, thn i returned to pakistan where my family lives n since thn i m living here.. i got married in 2011 n in 2012 had a baby boy in canada. i m still living in pakistan n i only went to canada to my brother's for my delivery n now i m back in pakistan with my husband .. i sponsored my husband in 2013.. its been a year now n i havent heard a word from CIC.. i know the pakistan time period is of 3 years but still cant help being worried abt it.. i just heard from some ppl that because i dont live in canada, CIC mite reject my application.. so for that me n my husband are planning to send me to canada to stay n try residing there n all.. but i m being scared in living thr alone n all..
    i m just finding a way to get the application approved by NOT going to canada ALONE. is thr a way out or i HAVe to go n reside in canada?
  2. Panusa

    Panusa Administrator Staff Member

    Need to know a few things from you:

    1) You are Canadian by birth - but do you have a Canadian passport or citizenship card? You'll need one of those.
    2) Do you have a plan to return to Canada together?

    As a Canadian citizen you can sponsor from overseas, there is no problem there. The issue is with proving you both intend to reside in Canada after approval. There are various ways to do this, including submitting affidavit evidence.

Share This Page