Immigration Canada - PanCanadian Immigration Law Group

Spoken & written English the critereon or education & experience?

Discussion in 'Working in Canada' started by Jamshyd Osman, Apr 19, 2013.

  1. Jamshyd Osman

    Jamshyd Osman New Member

    Throughout my research I found that its impossible to work or migrate without appropriate educational qualifications but recently I am reading that ppl were turned away by border Mounties for ill spoken & written English. So which is the criterion? I have secondary school leaving certificate but myspoken & written English is very good for Asian standards. I want to migrate as a long haul truck driver and I am frustrated that high school qualification seems to be mandatory even though its not a skilled trade. I am seeking advice on how to go about my application to fill the severe shortage of truck drivers. I was looking into the pnps also. To give some background I am 35 years old, married with a son of 4+, passed secondary school and did some training in vocational school for hospitality & tourism which I didn't finish. I am a citizen of Bangladesh, I have some trucking experience and would love to take further training & drive long haul. We have property which we would liquidate to invest in a trucking business. Please advise as I see no hope for me. thanks
  2. Immi2111

    Immi2111 New Member

    For the language question, depending on the classification for your work permit, you will simply have to pass a language test in order to prove your proficiency with English. If you can pass the test, you should have no problems.

    As for the truck driving position, different provinces have options that may work for you to get a temporary permit and then get on full-time to work towards permanent residency. For example, in Saskatchewan, this is the information provide for potential truck drivers:

    The SINP Long Haul Truck Driver sub-category allows Saskatchewan trucking firms to bring truckers to the province under Service Canada's Temporary Foreign Worker policy for occupations requiring a high school diploma or on-the-job training.

    The project was developed in conjunction with the Saskatchewan Trucking Association, Service Canada (SC) and Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) to attract long-haul truck drivers to Saskatchewan.

    Long haul truck drivers must first begin working in Saskatchewan for an approved trucking firm on a temporary foreign work permit. If an approved trucking firm offers them permanent employment, after a minimum of 6 months employment they may apply to the SINP for permanent resident status.

Share This Page