Immigration Canada - PanCanadian Immigration Law Group


Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by WorldTraveler, Nov 25, 2013.

  1. WorldTraveler

    WorldTraveler New Member

    Does anyone have experience sending kids to school in Canada? I am wondering what my options will be when I settle in Canada (planning to be in Toronto area) if my children do not speak good English? Any help is appreciated.
  2. Rosalie

    Rosalie New Member

    I believe you either need to speak and read English if you are entering school after the age of 6. It would be a good idea to enroll them in English classes to give them a comfortable amount of knowledge of the language.
  3. smith

    smith New Member

    It is not only recommended by the CIC that they understand either English or French, but that they make an effort to learn both languages as they are both the official languages of Canada. If you are going to be a permanent resident, there are free language courses offered through taxpayer programs. There is more information about these on the CIC website.

Share This Page