Immigration Canada - PanCanadian Immigration Law Group

Questions to the Study Permit

Discussion in 'Studying in Canada' started by Andrey, May 4, 2014.

  1. Andrey

    Andrey New Member


    Could you please answer a couple of questions to the application for a Study Permit?

    1. Question "Have you had any post secondary education (including university, college or apprenticeship training)?
    Should I mention the university, I am currently studying at or only if I've already graduated from any?

    2. Section "Employment"

    Should I mention here only my jobs, although it stands "Activity/Occupation"?

    3. The financial information to the letter of acceptance stands, that the estimated cost for the academic year is 21,712 CAD (including tuition fees in the amount of 9200 CAD ) plus Books and school supplies will cost approx. 1000-1200 CAD (2semesters) plus Students should plan to bring additional funding for clothing, entertainment, transportation, dining out and other miscellaneous purchases.
    I could have 23600 CAD. Would it be enough or could they refuse my application, as it is not enough?
    Then how much should I have at least?

    According to their website I have to submit bank statements for 4 months. If these aren't originally in English or in French, what exactly should be translated there? Do also references have to be translated?

    5. Should I write a statement of purpose, if it stands only as an optional document?

    Thanks in advance
    frank201601 likes this.
  2. Panusa

    Panusa Administrator Staff Member

    So I can't comment on your application specifically. But in general, one would put their current university studies, and only employment/jobs in the employment section ("activity" would refer generally to self-employment). Can't say on the funds as there is not enough information on cost of living, city, housing, etc. Everything but the numbers should be translated if possible. I always include a cover letter so that's a good idea.
    frank201601 likes this.
  3. Allthebest

    Allthebest New Member

    1. Your primary occupation will be a student at the university, you are currently enrolled in (There is a section: "Details of Intended Stay in Canada"). As for any post secondary education, choose any that you have previously attended i.e. college or you can also choose your current university it is also fine.
    2. If you have not worked in Canada, just put N/A there. Works just fine.
    3. 10,000 - 20,000 CAD is sufficient enough.
    4.Translate the whole statement (it is not a lot). Must contain account balance and name. You may translate references too, but it is entirely up to you, I don't think it is necessary though.
    5.Not sure about it. Get some more info on that. But as far as I know it is not necessary.
    frank201601 likes this.

Share This Page