Immigration Canada - PanCanadian Immigration Law Group

Pipeline workers

Discussion in 'Working in Canada' started by Queenie, Oct 28, 2012.

  1. Queenie

    Queenie New Member

    With all the pipeline work going on, I am wondering how difficult (or easy) it would be for a U.S. pipeline worker (with experience) to get a work permit in Canada. Would they have to be working for a U.S. based company that happened to have a Canadian project going on? Or is it feasible for them to get hired by a Canadian based natural gas company?
  2. Panusa

    Panusa Administrator Staff Member

    The worker does not have to be working for a US based company (although if he or she were, there is an intra-company transfer process that may work in that regard). It is definitely feasible for the individual to get hired by a Canadian company and apply for a temporary work permit. Generally, it has to be difficult for the Canadian company to find Canadians to do the work, but there are exceptions. Hope this helps.
  3. Queenie

    Queenie New Member

    That does help, thank you. My husband is a gas pipeline inspector and as we're unhappy with the current state of affairs in the U.S, we were thinking of shuffling a little farther north. :)

Share This Page