Immigration Canada - PanCanadian Immigration Law Group

Permanent Residents and Immigration Canada

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by loon92, Sep 12, 2013.

  1. loon92

    loon92 New Member

    Does Citizenship and Immigration Canada keep track of all immigrants for a few years to make sure they are actually working and being a benefit to society? Do they have agencies that check to make sure they are okay in their new country?
  2. Panusa

    Panusa Administrator Staff Member

    No not really. The idea is that CIC will only select people who have a very high probability of success in Canada. That's why occuations under which you can apply for the Federal Skilled Worker category are limited to those in demand (for example). However, there are plenty of non-profit agencies that certainly do all they can to assist immigrants settle and become successful in Canada.
  3. Sudhir

    Sudhir New Member

    Hello, I have been in Canada for last 6 months on Work Permit and later I have to come back to India as my assignment on the project ended. While trying to apply for PR in Canada, I come to know that it requires mandatory work experience of 1 year in Canada.
    My occupation is Sr IT Project Manager. When I checked with other agency they informed me that the application can be made in Engineering manager category but I require at least the job offer for remaining 6 months and beyond so that application can be made in Arranged Employment Category.
    Is the requirement of 1 year of experience requirement mandatory? Is there any way I can apply for PR from India with the 6 months of work experience in Canada. Though I have 15+ years of exp in India.

    With Regards
  4. Panusa

    Panusa Administrator Staff Member

    Unfortunately, you really need that 12 months work experience in Canada. Arranged employment is great if you can get it, because then the federal skilled worker caps won't apply to you. Any chance of getting an employment offer?

Share This Page