Immigration Canada - PanCanadian Immigration Law Group

Parent of an ill adult child.

Discussion in 'Medical Conditions' started by Pioneer, Apr 17, 2013.

  1. Pioneer

    Pioneer Member

    One thing that a friend of mine was concerned about was leaving her adult son. He is 25, but about to have a major surgery. Afterward, he may not be able to work for a while. She is living in Canada, legally, but is not a Canadian. Is there any way she can bring her son up to live with her for a while?
  2. Shineey

    Shineey New Member

    I would guess he could enter Canada on a tourist visa, so that should be no problem. The thing that could be an issue is medical care. Travel insurance would be hard to get I imagine.
  3. Panusa

    Panusa Administrator Staff Member

    If he doesn't have strong connections to his home country, it may be tough getting in temporarily, as the visa officers may question whether he'll overstay or not.
  4. Ammie

    Ammie New Member

    If I understand you correctly, Panusa, you are saying that this lady's son might have a better chance being allowed into Canada if he can prove strong ties with his own country, for example, showing proof of a permanent post, a bank account, etc.?
  5. loon92

    loon92 New Member

    Pioneer, is the son American or Canadian? If he is in need of health care would it not be better for him to stay in the U.S. with his physicians? How would he receive health care in Canada? He would have to find a doctor in Canada who would accept an international visitor as a patient, since there are usually follow ups for post surgery.

Share This Page