Immigration Canada - PanCanadian Immigration Law Group

Obtain Canadian work visa/permit while at US

Discussion in 'Working in Canada' started by Dharani, Jun 9, 2014.

  1. Dharani

    Dharani New Member

    I'm an Indian citizen living in the US as a dependent. I would like to move to Canada and have been exploring CIC. I would like to apply for a work permit and not PR as PR takes a long time. Please help with the below questions

    1. Confused between FSWP / Open work permit / PNP. Which one would be the fastest and good option for IT developer?
    2. Can I apply for work permit without a job offer? Have found that employers are interested if we have visa.
    3. Please share any job sites / employers that offer job to foreign nationals
    4. How much do the immigration attorneys in US charge (approximate) to help with the process?
  2. Panusa

    Panusa Administrator Staff Member

    Hi, I can answer your questions only in general terms:

    1) An open work permit is not an option for you. A PNP requires a job offer, the FSWP may not require a job offer depending on your NOC
    2) No - you need a job offer
    3) I am involved with - try that
    4) Not sure about US attorneys. Canadian lawyers vary in their fees.

Share This Page