Immigration Canada - PanCanadian Immigration Law Group

need help with work permit

Discussion in 'Working in Canada' started by Violet Russo, Jan 15, 2015.

  1. Violet Russo

    Violet Russo New Member

    I have been working in Canada for 6 years under the foreign worker program (going back home each time and waiting for my new viza) For the past 3 years I have been working as a skilled worker and brought my spouse under open work permit. In April my viza expires. I applied for permanent residence but have not heard anything yet. Someone told me that if my spouse gets an LMO of her own that she can apply for me to have an open work permit. Is this true? And is there anything else that I can do?
    Thank you.
  2. George Goode

    George Goode Member

    If you are in process of skilled position then your wife can apply for this.. (Work Permit Visa.. )
    Mark Smith likes this.
  3. Panusa

    Panusa Administrator Staff Member

    If you're PR application is in process, you should be able apply for an extension. After initial approval, you should be able to apply for a bridging open work permit.
    Mark Smith likes this.
  4. Yes, I agree to Panusa. You can apply for an extension in the process of PR application.
    Donna Chavis likes this.
  5. Mark Smith

    Mark Smith Member

    If you are in skilled position under NOC A, O or C, then your wife can apply for the open work permit visa..
    Donna Chavis likes this.

Share This Page