Immigration Canada - PanCanadian Immigration Law Group

NAFTA work permit

Discussion in 'Working in Canada' started by diotime, Feb 13, 2016.

  1. diotime

    diotime New Member


    I would like to apply for a NAFTA work permit through the New York embassy. However, there is no indication anywhere on CIC's website on how to proceed to send a complete file. Should I just send the documents needed (employer's contract, diploma, passport, work attestations) to the Canadian embassy? Is there any form to fill out, any fee to pay, any other procedure to be done? Can it be done online or it has to be sent by mail to the visa office in New York?

    I know that doing the NAFTA work permit at the border is more simple, but I'd prefer to do it ahead of time through the visa office. So I would like to know what should I exactly send to the visa office and how?

    Thank you for your help!

Share This Page