Immigration Canada - PanCanadian Immigration Law Group

Moving from United Kingdom

Discussion in 'Working in Canada' started by teachersam, Jan 20, 2014.

  1. teachersam

    teachersam New Member

    I would like to move my family from UK to Canada permanently. I have a 2 year degree (not a full undergraduate) and have been teaching at local schools for 5 years. I am a UK citizen as are all members of my family. I would like to know:
    1) Has anyone been in a similar situation that could give me information on steps to take?
    2) Is it a long process?
  2. Panusa

    Panusa Administrator Staff Member


    If you wish to apply directly with no employment offer, you would have to go through the federal skilled worker program. Unfortunately, your occupation is not an eligible one at the moment.

    As an alternative, if you could find an employer in Canada to support you with a job offer, that would give you some options. However, employers have to show that it is nearly impossible to find a Canadian to do the job before they are allowed to hire a foreign worker. So your best bet would be an employer in a remote location, as Canada has many teachers available in the urban centers.

    Hope this helps.

Share This Page