Immigration Canada - PanCanadian Immigration Law Group

International Students

Discussion in 'Studying in Canada' started by loon92, Sep 9, 2013.

  1. loon92

    loon92 New Member

    Are there a high number of international students who eventually stay in Canada once they finish their degrees? Would a university degree earned in Canada help your case if you wanted to become a permanent resident?
    frank201601 likes this.
  2. smith

    smith New Member

    According to the CIC,
    • More than 98,000 international students entered Canada in 2011, an all-time record.
    • About 6,700 international students made the transition to permanent resident status in 2011.
    frank201601 likes this.
  3. Samson2

    Samson2 New Member

    Thank you for the information smith. What you are saying is that once the student has graduated they need to acquire a work permit to work for a year in order to qualify. Are there any difficulties in obtaining a work permit after 4-6 years of being a student in Canada?
  4. Allthebest

    Allthebest New Member

    No difficulties at all in case it is an accredited institution. Canadian Experience Class is one of the best options for a graduated student from a Canadian university. But CEC requires you to have 1 year work experience in Canada as 0,A or B class professional: managerial occupations, professional and skilled jobs. Check Canadian National Occupational Classification "NOC". Check CIC for more info.

Share This Page