Immigration Canada - PanCanadian Immigration Law Group

Immigration status question

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Abdul Hameed, Aug 26, 2015.

  1. Abdul Hameed

    Abdul Hameed New Member

    In year 1998 I and my wife became Canadian permanent residents, we were living Toronto. In year 2002 due to my mother ailing health and other family property ownership related issues we left Canada and came back to Pakistan.

    Since 2002 we are living in Pakistan, after long painstaking health related issues in year 2014 my mother passed away and between 2002 and 2015 most of our family property ownership issue settled as well.

    We traveled from Canada on our landing papers we never applied for PR card.

    Can we travel back to Canada using our landing papers or what are our options.

    Please advise.
  2. david wilson

    david wilson Member

    Proceed with the landing. Then it would probably take 4 weeks to 6 weeks to get your PR card. The process gets initiated and then you can go ahead with your travel document application. This is all in case you don't have a VISA (i.e. Multiple entry) to get back into Canada after your trip. If your visa is still valid then forget about applying for the travel document. You can show proof of completing your landing to the immigration officer as well as your visa.

Share This Page