Immigration Canada - PanCanadian Immigration Law Group

French Citizen, US permanent resident. How to immigrate to Canada?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by emeraldandscarlet, Dec 15, 2013.

  1. emeraldandscarlet

    emeraldandscarlet New Member

    I'm a French citizen, living in the US and I'm a permanent green card holder. Obviously I speak both French and English fluently but I don't have any special profession skills or degrees. I'm working as a security officer now and have been working as a sales assistant as well. My girlfriend is a Canadian. Is there any way for me to get a permanent residency in Canada? As a French citizen I could stay in Canada for six months, so if I find a job there in the meantime, could I change my status to get a workers permit without having to leave the country?
  2. Panusa

    Panusa Administrator Staff Member

    If you plan on marrying your girlfriend, a sponsorship application would likely be the easiest route, depending on the nature of your relationship, etc.

    Otherwise, you can look for a job here but you apply for your work permit through France or the US, depending on your circumstances, and if you find a job that an employer would be willing to apply for a labour market opinion for (i.e., that it's tough to find a Canadian to do the job). Without professional skills, a trade, or degrees, that may be an uphill battle however.
  3. Venetia Rose

    Venetia Rose New Member

    Yes, if you any plans to marry her,as said a sponsored application would be ideal or look out for a job that suites your qualification and skills. If you still have a problem, then consult an immigration law firm in Canada and they would do the needful.

Share This Page