Immigration Canada - PanCanadian Immigration Law Group

Express Entry vs. regular / current FSW programs

Discussion in 'Federal Skilled Worker' started by Nick Sousa, May 11, 2014.

  1. Nick Sousa

    Nick Sousa New Member

    I heard that the Express Entry program will be launching in January of 2015 with new caps and will supposedly help make the actual transition to Canada faster. Is there an advantage to applying after the start of this new program vs. applying now?
    I am 26 years old and currently a US Citizen and want to immigrate to Canada under the FSW. I have three years of experience in the Insurance operations industry and my mom who lives with me has two sisters that live in Toronto.
    I believe that in assessing my education (my highest level is a bachelor's degree), the degree needs to be less than 5 years old (I graduated in May of 2010) at the time my application is processed. Does that mean I should go back to school to obtain another credential before applying via the FSW program?
    Is there a website for foreigners to look for jobs in Canada? I'm just wondering if there is a site dedicated to employers that are looking for foreign talent and therefore it may be easier to get a phone interview, in person interview, etc.
  2. Panusa

    Panusa Administrator Staff Member

    If you can apply now, then do it - don't wait for another program. We suspect that those who will qualify under the new express entry will be very few indeed.

    Where did you hear that your degree has to be less than 5 years old? That's not true. Try: http:/
  3. Nick Sousa

    Nick Sousa New Member

    Thank you for providing the website.
    I just realized that I read the statement incorrectly on the website. I now see that it states that the report assessing your education cannot be more than 5 years old from the date in which CIC gets the application.

    One other question....if I work for a company that is headquartered in the United States but also has a subsidiary in Canada, is a LMO still required in order to get a work permit?

Share This Page