Immigration Canada - PanCanadian Immigration Law Group

Conjugal partner laws

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Pioneer, Mar 11, 2012.

  1. Pioneer

    Pioneer Member

    In Canada, do you have to be legally married to your partner in order to be able to stay? How can conjugal partners prove their relationship? What legal steps would they have to take?
  2. shadi

    shadi New Member

    I have a similar question. I want to apply for a conjugal partner sponsorship but I have many doubts about how I can provide proofs of my eligibility.
  3. Panusa

    Panusa Administrator Staff Member

    You should know that the conjugal category is the toughest sponsorship category to succeed in. You have to show a "marriage like" relationship (with shared assets, joint travels and so forth). You also have to have a good reason why you haven't lived together or been married.

    However, it can and has been done. It is certainly one category where you should consider hiring representation or if you want to do it yourself, my guide book on the topic is well worth the price:

    As a member of the forum, if you purchase my book, I will email you a sample affidavit you can use with your application for no charge to support your conjugal relationship argument.
  4. shadi

    shadi New Member

    Thanks for your response.
    I have a specific situation and I have a very good reason why we did not live together. I just don't know how I can provide proof of that!
    I was wondering, do you provide any consultation session (maybe online or in person) where I can explain my situation and get your insight? I don't mind hiring a representative but I would like to first know how likely it is to be successful given my story?
    In addition, I'd like to know about how much you charge for each of your services?


Share This Page