Immigration Canada - PanCanadian Immigration Law Group

Certain individuals do not need a work permit

Discussion in 'Working in Canada' started by Northern Lights, Feb 10, 2012.

  1. Northern Lights

    Northern Lights New Member

    I was happy to see a rather lengthy list of individuals who do not need a work permit to do their jobs while in Canada. This includes certain students, professors, health care professionals, and many specialty jobs. These exceptions are listed on the website's main page and are worth checking out before assuming you need such documentation.
  2. Wanderer

    Wanderer New Member

    I checked the list because I was curious about it and it's good to know that full-time foreign students are granted permission to work on campus at the university or college where they study. This opportunity could be a great help especially in the financial aspect. Studying abroad doesn't come cheap.
  3. PerpetualStudent

    PerpetualStudent New Member

    I'll be looking more into those programs that have potential work venues for foreign students on campus. I would like to work in a nearby museum or library.
  4. Maple

    Maple New Member

    I wasn't aware that full-time foreign students can work on campus. This is a wonderful opportunity to grab. Perpetual Student, I think there is a good chance to get a part-time job in the library.
  5. Shineey

    Shineey New Member

    If you don't need a work permit how do immigration monitor visitors? It sounds like a great opportunity for some people but I don't really understand how it is feasible.
  6. Panusa

    Panusa Administrator Staff Member

    They monitor you through your study permit in this particular situation.

Share This Page