Immigration Canada - PanCanadian Immigration Law Group

Apply for PR

Discussion in 'Federal Skilled Worker' started by Djk27, Sep 30, 2014.

  1. Djk27

    Djk27 New Member

    I am currently residing in Canada on Temporary work permit of 2 years. I entered Canada in April 2014 on employment and working in Canada past 6 months now. I had received Job offer letter from one of Canadian company and they processed my Temporary work permit with positive LMO. So I entered Canada with employment. I have overall 12 years of work experience ( 10 years in India and 2 years in US) and currently working with same employer past 6 months now after entering Canada under the same skilled category.

    I need your expert advice on few of the below questions:
    1. Can I go ahead now and apply for PR under "Federal Skilled program" with arranged employment ?
    2. If yes, can you please share template for "Employment Letter" to file under FSP (arranged employment)?
    3. What would be current processing time if applied under FSP (arranged employment) and how long does it take to receive file number?
    4. Which program would be better CEC or FSP ? Should I wait and work for next 6 months and then apply under express entry - CEC or apply now under FSP (arranged employment)?
    5. I have heard FSP takes very long time than CEC and it takes months to get file number wherein CEC file number comes in 3 weeks ??? not sure how far its true ...

    Appreciate your advice...

    Mark Smith likes this.
  2. George Goode

    George Goode Member

    If you are doing job from last 2 - 3 years then you can apply for permanent residency visa ..... or discuss with immigration lawyers...
  3. Mark Smith

    Mark Smith Member


    If you are immigrating to Canada, or you want to convert your visa into PR, then it may be possible...

Share This Page