Why should I choose PanCanadian over another law firm?
Personal Service | Trust | Expertise
Mr. Gianpaolo (John) Panusa advises clients no matter where they intend to live in Canada, we offer the following advantages and services over other firms:
- We are a firm that provides personalized service. You can discuss aspects of your case with Mr. Panusa at anytime. We respond to all e-mails within 1 business day.
- Mr. Panusa will handle your file from beginning to end – you’ll never be referred to a paralegal or secretary.
- We charge a very competitive flat fee with no hidden or per hour charges. You will have no surprises when you see your bill.
- We charge in installments, and the first installment is only due once your draft application package is complete. You don’t pay any up-front fees or retainers.
- Our founder, Mr. Gianpaolo (John) Panusa, has a Master of Law degree from the University of Cambridge, a qualification that very few lawyers have obtained.
Why should I use an immigration lawyer?
The immigration process can be complicated and time-consuming. Canadian immigration officers can exercise a lot of discretion, even if you meet the minimum requirements for entry. If your application is lacking in any way, you can be denied a visa with no opportunity to present your case again.
- A conversation (or written communication) between a client and lawyer is privileged, meaning anything you say to a lawyer can not be disclosed without your consent.
- Lawyers are bound by a strict ethical code to act in the best interests of their clients.
- Lawyers are governed by law societies in each province that set strict practice rules and require all lawyers to purchase
- Lawyers are well-trained and spend seven years at university learning their profession, before writing intensive exams and working under strict guidance of a senior lawyer for an additional year before practising law.
- A lawyer can represent you at the Federal Court of Canada.
- You may have to hire a lawyer if your case becomes complicated.
An immigration consultant or a government official can offer none of the above.
If you wish to verify Mr. Panusa’s status as a lawyer, please contact the Law Society of British Columbia at (604) 669-2533 or visit their website at www.lawsociety.bc.ca to learn more about a lawyer’s duties to his or her clients.
Why does your domain name contain ‘.pro’?
The domain extension ‘.pro’ is reserved for certified professionals – an individual or firm must provide professional credentials before being issued a ‘.pro’ extension. We use it to provide yet another level of comfort for those searching for a Canada immigration lawyer to assist them through the process.
Ok, I’d like to use your services. How do we get started?
We’ll ask you several detailed questions to determine your chances of success. If we determine that you have a reasonable chance of success at securing a visa, we will agree to represent you (we will not waste your time or your money if you have little or no chance of obtaining a visa).
We will then send you an agreement by email, which will give you details about our fees and the services we will provide to you. After you receive it, you will sign it and fax (or email) it back to us.
After we receive the signed agreement, we’re ready to begin the immigration process.
How long will the process take?
This is a difficult question to answer. Depending on your circumstances, the immigration process can take between several weeks and two years or more. There are several provincial programs designed to speed up the process for certain workers. No matter how long the process takes, your fee will cover all of our work during that period.
I’ve already started the immigration process on my own and I’ve run into problems – can you help me?
Yes. Although we typically see immigration files through from start to finish, we may be able to assist you if you have started the process on your own and you are now experiencing difficulties with Citizenship and Immigration Canada. We will charge you on a per hour basis for these services. Our clients in this category usually send us a list of questions through e-mail, and we send back a detailed response.
Can you assist me in finding business opportunities, property or employment once I arrive in Canada?
We may be able to assist in these areas through our many partners. We encourage our clients to stay in touch with us once they arrive, as we can be a valuable source of information in all aspects of Canadian law.
I am an immigration agent in a foreign country, would you be interested in assisting my clients immigrate to Canada?
Yes, we are open to discussing arrangements with foreign agents.