Immigration Compliance Audit Services2017-07-01
If you are selected for a Compliance Review, are you prepared?
Ackah Business Immigration Law can assist you to prepare for a Compliance Review/Inspection and ensure that your organization complies with Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada’s Temporary Foreign Worker Program (LMIA) and the International Mobility Program (LMIA exempt) requirements – before you receive a call from the government – Be Prepared.
If your organization obtained an LMIA or employed workers through the International Mobility Program with an Offer of Employment on/or after December 31, 2013, Ackah Business Immigration Law can assist clients before a Compliance Review is initiated by:
- Reviewing initial Offer of Employment/LMIA for compliance with Federal, Provincial and Territorial Employment and Recruitment legislation at the time the offer was sent
- Assessing Offer of Employment/LMIA and comparing the terms to current Federal, Provincial and Territorial Employment and Recruitment legislation to ensure continued compliance
- Reviewing the current position description and comparing it with the duties described in the initial Offer of Employment/LMIA as well as the actual current duties performed by the TFW to ensure compliance with ESDC
- Providing a tracking document to assist you in maintaining information that ESDC will require in the event of a Compliance Review/Investigation
- Providing a checklist of documents that are commonly requested during a Compliance Review
- If there is a risk of non-compliance, we will provide suggestions for you to rectify
- Reviewing the public domain to ensure your company’s digital presence reflects continued engagement in the business activities indicated in the Offer of Employment
- Ensuring policies are implemented to ensure the conditions of the workplace are compliant with all standards (free from financial, sexual, physical and psychological abuse)
Learn more: Immigration Compliance Audit Services
Do you have questions about Canadian immigration? We Can Help
Evelyn Ackah is the founder and managing lawyer at Ackah Business Immigration Law. Whether business is done south of the border, across the “pond” or around the world, Evelyn Ackah employs her expertise to help clients achieve their desired business objectives. She develops and implements immigration strategies, provides advice on immigration matters related to employee mobility or relocation, and assists with global investment opportunities.