According to the numbers, most immigrants go to Montreal, Toronto and Vancouver. There are good reasons for this – these are large, metropolitan cities with much to offer finanically and culturally.
However, if you are having a difficult time finding your way through the Federal immigration programs, you should investigate the Manitoba PNP.
For example, the business stream could be attractive if you have a business experience and relatively high net worth. The business stream general requirements are as follows:
– Personal net worth of CAD $350,000
– Demonstrated business ownership of at least 3 years
– Investment of at least $150,000 in tangible assets
– Active participation in an active business in Manitoba in value-added business activities
– $75,000 deposit once accepted
– Required exploratory visit to Manitoba
If you are semi-skilled worker (such as truck driver) you may qualify for one of the strategic initiatives of Manitoba PNP. Your best bet is to contact the Manitoba PNP or attend an immigration job fair where officials from Manitoba often attend overseas.
Yes, Manitoba is terribly cold in the winter. But the summers are fantastic and the people are warm and welcoming throughout the year.