Immigration Canada - PanCanadian Immigration Law Group

Work Visa without job offer in Canada?

Discussion in 'Federal Skilled Worker' started by ronaldrussell, Apr 28, 2015.

1. ronaldrussell

ronaldrussell New Member

I want to know that if it is possible to immigrate to Canada without a job offer? I have a masters degree from a good university and I speak English fairly well. I would like to live and work in Toronto. I have heard mixed opinions on need of a job offer for entry into Canada. When I asked some people in Canada, they said that job offer is very important to get a Canadian work visa, but when I contacted a immigration lawyers at Green & Spiegel, LLPs in Toronto , he said that even though a Job offer helps a lot, recent results of a program named Express entry permit foreigners without a job offer to immigrate. How is that? Anyone immigrated to Canada without a job offer?
  2. Jeina M.P.

Jeina M.P. Moderator

Express Entry is a new process management system created to manage the 3 Federal Economic Class programs: Canadian Experience Class, Federal Skilled Worker Class and Federal Skilled Trades Class. Express Entry is a ranking system, so the highest ranked individuals in the system are "Invited to Apply." You may enter the Express Entry 'pool', if you qualify for one of the 3 Federal Economic Class programs mentioned earlier in this post. There is no fee to apply. However, those who have a permanent full-time job offer with an LMIA, will receive an extra 600 points, and will therefore rank higher in the 'pool'. You can also receive an extra 600 points if you are a successful Provincial Nominee candidate. Your best option is to go for the extra points, to increase your chance of being selected. Express Entry began January 2015, it is a new process, in time, with more registrants competing for points, it's best to secure as many points as possible in hopes you may be selected.