Immigration Canada - PanCanadian Immigration Law Group

What are the challenges in Express Entry & should I use a consultant?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Anandkk, May 8, 2015.

1. Anandkk

Anandkk New Member

I am a total newbie to the whole process and I am trying catch up will all the info.

I was approached by 2 different Immigration consultants and offered the express entry. I have to pay app. USD 3600 for the whole process. About 50% now and rest when I am pickedup.

The reasons why they said that I should use a consultant are:
    • When picked, I only have 60 days to submit the documents. If any delay or error or anything is out of order(like my experience letter does not have everything they are looking for), I will be banned from reapplying for 5 years
    • They would resubmit my application for second year without any cost.
    Being an Indian with an MBA, I have a tough time navigating paper in Govt offices in India. So I usually rely on agents or consultant(the new fancy term), who will charge me a single payment including all fees & bribes. In contrast to that, how is the Canadian system. I applied for a visit visa and I felt that they where not helpful at all. May be it was just an isolated case.

My question are:
    1. What is your advice and feedback to the claims of the Immigration consultants?
    2. How can I verify which company is better and choose. The companies that approached me are CanReach and Nascintl. I am also aware of WWICS which is the most popular company in India.
  2. Jeina M.P.

Jeina M.P. Moderator

Express Entry is a new process management system used to process 3 different types of PR applications: Canada Experience Class, Federal Skilled Worker Class, and Federal Skilled Trade CLass. You must qualify for one of those types of applications before applying through Express Entry.

To answer your questions:
    1. You should check to verify that any Immigration consultants you deal with are certified and registered with ICCRC in Canada.

It is illegal for any non-certified consultants to give immigration advice regarding Canada's immigration policies, paid or unpaid. Certified Immigration Consultants in Canada have the "RCIC" designation.

2. Immigration Lawyers are also very useful and their membership to various provincial law societies should be verified before entering into a relationship with them as well. For example, if the lawyer is located in British Columbia, Google the "British Columbia Law Society" web page and verify their membership.

3. The Immigration Consultants you have been in touch with so far are leaving out important facts. It is true, that you only have 60 days to submit documents once you have been "Invited to Apply", but you are not banned from reapplying for 5 years. You may reapply immediately if you take too long to submit documents. Your profile will remain in the Express Entry system for one year. There is no cost to applying for Express Entry.

Hope that Helps!
    Jeina
  3. david wilson

david wilson Member

Honestly, consultants do nothing. except instruct you to do every process by yourself.