Immigration Canada - PanCanadian Immigration Law Group

Summer and Winter temperatures

Discussion in 'Visiting Canada' started by Ammie, Sep 8, 2013.

1. Ammie

Ammie New Member

Canada is pretty close to the North Pole. I suppose that temperatures drop way below zero during Winter. Are the summers warm enough for people to wear short sleeve blouses or shirts without jackets or jerseys? Does the temperature ever rise higher than 15-20 degrees Celsius in Summer?
  2. loon92

loon92 New Member

Yes the temperature rises above 20 degrees in the summer. Do a search on Google to find the average temperature in the summer and a few places reach up to 30-37 degrees Celsius (86-100 degrees Fahrenheit) in the summer. They wear shorts and skirts as well as short-sleeve shirts in the summer. It can get cold in the winter and it does in the U.S. as well.
  3. Rosalie

Rosalie New Member

It would depend where you are going in Canada. It is a large country and a majority of the cities flank the border between Canada and the United States, so they share the same weather as their northern American neighbors. Parts of British Columbia have very mild winters and really warm summers. Contrary to popular belief Canada is not a frozen wasteland.
  4. Ellie123

Ellie123 New Member

it depends on the region
    I live in Montreal in winter the average temperature maybe -20 C but in fact there are so man days when it's -25 -30 with the strongest wind
    in summer it's pretty hot +20-30 C
    I know that in British Columbia it's never below -3 in winter