Immigration Canada - PanCanadian Immigration Law Group

Studying in Canada and Permanent Residency

Discussion in 'Studying in Canada' started by Rosalie, Nov 28, 2013.

  1. Rosalie

    Rosalie New Member

    Is there a particular amount of time that an international student needs to be living in Canada before he or she can apply for permanent residency? Do you need to wait for graduation or can you start applying right away?
  2. smith

    smith New Member

    It depends on what category you are going to apply for PR under. For example, if you are applying under the Canadian Experience Class, the CIC website states that as long as you meet the following qualifications, you can apply:
    • plan to live outside the province of Quebec
    • have at least 12 months of full-time (or an equal amount in part-time) skilled work experience in Canada in the three years before you apply,
    • have gained your experience in Canada with the proper authorization
    • meet the required language levels needed for your job for each language ability (speaking, reading, writing, and listening).
    Do you know what category you were looking to qualify under to apply for PR?

Share This Page