Immigration Canada - PanCanadian Immigration Law Group

Spousal Sponsorship of Husband-- need him back in Canada asap.

Discussion in 'Sponsorship' started by steen, Jan 5, 2014.

1. steen

steen New Member

we have already submited a spousal sponsorship for my husband approx 7 months ago. I was approved as the sponsor 1 month after it was submitted. Everything and MUCH more that was needed in the application was included and it was checked over several times. processing times are currently 22 months ( they were about 19 months when we submitted the application..) My husband and I have 1 child who was born here in Canada he has been developmentally regressing since being apart from his father and has dropped a significant amount on the weight charts. We do not only want him back we NEED him back . My husband is a Jamaican Citizen. Is there any chance of him being able to come back to Canada before 22 months (the current processing times)?
  2. smith

smith New Member

It can be unlikely, but if you can provide sufficient information as to why your husband needs to visit prior to the PR approval, you may be able to get a Temporary Visitors Visa for him. He can show he needs to spend time with your son and then will return to Jamaica. If he has ties to his country that would require him to return (land ownership, a job, other children, etc.), it will increase the likelihood of approval. There have been cases where a Temp visa was applied for and once they pled their case, they just fast tracked the PR application, so even if he goes and gets denied, it would be worth a shot. It comes down to how much money you have as well, if you can afford to go apply and potentially get rejected.