Immigration Canada - PanCanadian Immigration Law Group

Self employed immigration

Discussion in 'Business and Investment' started by ilu129, Sep 1, 2014.

1. ilu129

ilu129 New Member

CIC had received my application on 30th April,2014.After that they have sent me an email on 24th June mentoining the application number/UCI and they had sent my application to Singapore.Last 22 August,2014 I have received another email mentioning that they have received my application on 30th April,2014.why my application received confirmation letter has been sent twice?
    Donna Chavis likes this.
  2. Panusa

Panusa Administrator Staff Member

Lately there have been a few issues with mailings from CIC - it was likely just an error on their part. For example, a number of letters regarding in-Canada sponsorships were missing pages from the checklist of documents required.
  3. ilu129

ilu129 New Member

What should I do in this situation? Should I contact to CIC or wait for their next email.
    Thank you
  4. Panusa

Would not hurt to contact them, but hard to say if they will respond.
  5. Venus

Venus New Member

Hi i am currently holding Open work permit and waiting for the approval of my permanent residence application..am i allowed to open a small business in B.C?
  6. Panusa

Unfortunately no - you have to be a PR or citizen in order to operate a business in Canada.

7. Venus

Venus New Member

I called citizenship and immigration canada and they said i am allowed to open small business.
  8. Venus

Venus New Member

And the agent told me that i am allowed to be self employed and i can open a business.
    i am opening a business with a pr and citizen partners.
    we already registered the business..
    now im confused if i am really allowed or not..does it affect my application for PR?
  9. Panusa

Hard to say - not really enough information here to answer...
  10. Aysha

Aysha New Member

We want to apply in the category of self employment from Pakistan as filmmaker.
    My husband is a Director/producer.
    • How much bank balance is required to show?
    • If points are more than 35 do we still need IELTS?
    • Will this be through express entry or regular application?
    Last edited: Feb 24, 2015
  11. There is no minimum investment limit for the self-employed category, the greater a person’s financial assets, the greater the chances of becoming established in Canada. I don't think, you need IELTS after getting 35 points.