Immigration Canada - PanCanadian Immigration Law Group

Scholarships

Discussion in 'Studying in Canada' started by Shineey, Apr 16, 2013.

1. Shineey

Shineey New Member

I am really interested in doing either a second M.A. or a PhD in Canada, especially if I can get a scholarship to cover the costs. Would I still have to meet any financial requirements pre-set for students if I went this route?
  2. Pioneer

Pioneer Member

It might just depend on the scholarship. If the scholarship is enough, it will cover all of the fees. Some of them have certain stipulations, however. You should read over everything it entails.
  3. Shineey

Shineey New Member

Thanks Pioneer. I have been putting off looking into it because when I tried to apply for US scholarships it was such a disappointment. Even if all the fees were covered the student visa can't be issued without the applicant having the minimum bank balance that applies to everyone!
  4. Panusa

Panusa Administrator Staff Member

There is also a limited ability to work on campus for post-secondary students, this would help you meet financial obligations as well if it was part of the program.
  5. Shineey

Shineey New Member

Thanks for the tip Panusa. I will definitely look out for scholarships that have that option. I am guessing this work would be along the lines of teaching, or is it likely to be more varied than that?
  6. Panusa

Panusa Administrator Staff Member

Could be teaching, but also lab or research work as well.