Immigration Canada - PanCanadian Immigration Law Group

regarding education and experience points

Discussion in 'News and Feedback' started by FARHAN AHMED, Feb 28, 2012.

1. FARHAN AHMED

FARHAN AHMED New Member

iam physiotherapist , i want to apply for immigration as skilled worker.

1.can some one tell me how many points can i earn on one four year bachelor degree.

2. when i was in third year i worked in medical center as a part timer. can i get points on two year part time experience
  2. Panusa

Panusa Administrator Staff Member

Hi,

You are fortunate that the physiotherapist occupation has not yet reached its cap - you may want to apply as soon as you can - you never know when it may suddenly reach the cap and after that, no further applications will be accepted.

1. You should receive 20 points for your degree.
    2. You can certainly get points for part-time - when your part-time hours add-up to an equivalent full year of employment, you can count one year of employment (and so forth). So add-up the hours and have evidence of the hours and you can obtain points that way.
  3. FARHAN AHMED

FARHAN AHMED New Member

sir plz answer my one last question as i have done 2 year bachelor in science in 2007 from my home town. and i have also done 4 year bachelor in physiotherapy, i passed this in 2010. i did both degrees regular. is it possible to show both degrees? now can i get 22 points.

2. sir the experience i told you i got during my bachelor degree, and it is equivalent to one full year of employment. so can i earn 15 points for this experience.
  4. Panusa

You may be able to claim 22 points depending on the specifics of the programs, etc.

Your work experience may count, so long as it was NOC 0, A or B and it was in fact a paid employed position, but these things are completely fact specific.
  5. Pioneer

Pioneer Member

Does Canada give more points to certain professions, or does it depend on how long you went to school for any particular career? I can understand they would rather have more people with a Phsyiotherapy degree, rather than someone who was in school for four years and majored in Journalism, for instance.
  6. Panusa

No points are given for level of eduction and years of work experience, not specific occupations.