Immigration Canada - PanCanadian Immigration Law Group

PR with criminal rehabilitation application

Discussion in 'Criminal Charges and Convictions' started by krihna, Jul 4, 2014.

1. krihna

krihna New Member

I applied for PR under canadian experience class on 15/05/2014 and I received Confermation from centralised intake yesterday.My issue is I am working with valid TRP and work permit in cwnada.My wife has 1 conviction for shop lifting in 2008 and applied for rehabilitation in april 2014 at New york counsolate.My question is will We get the rehabilitation before my PR is finalised? I have send e-mail to new york stating My PR is under process.Will they expedie the criminwl rehabilitation process and finalised?If not will our PR application will be declined?
  2. Panusa

Panusa Administrator Staff Member

You have a decent chance of getting the crim rehab done before PR is approved. However, in my experience, CIC will not expedite a crim rehab application because a PR application is submitted.

Unfortunately, it could negatively affect your PR application if that inadmissibility is still outstanding at the time your PR application is processed.

You can "extend" processing of your CEC application by simply responding to CIC requests later rather than earlier. So for example if they request documents and give you 90 days, then don't submit them until closer to the 90 day limit. HOWEVER be extremely careful you don't miss any deadlines either.
  3. krihna

krihna New Member

Thanks for your reply .Today I received the file number and the receipt for the payment from canadian consulate new york ?Is that mean my wifes rehabilitaion application will be professed quickly ?should I send another e-mail to new york?
  4. Panusa

It wouldn't hurt to send an e-mail to New York explaining that rehabilitation is necessary for your PR application. But don't expect fast processing - the time between receiving the file number and getting a decision will still be about 12 months in my experience.
  5. krihna

krihna New Member

Thanks .I am wondering whether If we could register with your law firm and whether you could help to expedite and finalise the rehabilitation application.
  6. Panusa

I'd be pleased to help but I haven't heard from you. If you are still interested, best to email me directly at info@immigrationcanada.pro
  7. krihna

krihna New Member

Received approval of criminal rehabilitation exactly in 6months from newyork
  8. Panusa

That is lightning fast - congrats!