Immigration Canada - PanCanadian Immigration Law Group

Ontario PNP

Discussion in 'Provincial Nominee' started by Zhang2, Nov 25, 2013.

1. Zhang2

Zhang2 New Member

the number of applicants accepted has had its quota for this year, but my friend is applying to this and wants to know if there maybe be additional nominations? Anyone with experience with this?
  2. Panusa

Panusa Administrator Staff Member

The quota has now ben reset - apply now as the Ontario provincial nominee program is on a first-come, first-served basis with regard to their quota (i.e., cap on nominations).
  3. freefairy

freefairy New Member

My question is about processing times. My husband's prospective company started the proceedings of Opportunities Ontario Provincial Nominee Program early in November 2013. They got confirmation that the application has been received. Since then we haven't got any feedback. I am aware of all the program updates, I check the site regularly. I also read everything about the program's target processing times. But considering all that I still think that this waiting period - six months now - is far beyond that is written in the program.
    So my question is: Is this normal that the visa process last so long? Should I expect a negative feedback now?
    Thank you for your response.