Immigration Canada - PanCanadian Immigration Law Group

Need help regarding Open Work Permit Visa application process

Discussion in 'Working in Canada' started by Iswari, Mar 9, 2015.

1. Iswari

Iswari New Member

Dear all,

Greetings.
    My name is Iswari from India, currently living and working in USA after Master Degree in Engineering. I got married recently and my husband lives in Canada and he has completed his Master's in Engineering in Canada and working there ( his status is Post graduate work permit is valid till August 2016). I took online questionnaire regarding eligibility visa to enter Canada. My questionnaire test result showed I'm eligible to apply Open Work Permit Visa.
    I created my cic account and I'm aware that I need to finish
    IMM1295 (work permit outside canada)
    IMM5257B_1 (Temporary Residant Visa)

I need assistance in filling some fields in IMM1295 application form
    Question 1) Employment
    I do not have offer letter from Canadian Employer. In this case what should I enter for Name of the Employer, Address of Employer, Job Title, LMO number fields ?

Question 2) According to my online account, the supporting documents I have been asked is
    Itinerary (required)
    Passport (required_
    Digital photo (required)
    Proof of relationship (required)
    I'm planning to book flight tickets only after May 2015, so I don't have Itinerary. what should I do in this case ?

Thank you very much !
    Greatly appreciated for your response and for your time in advance.
    Thanks
  2. Panusa

Panusa Administrator Staff Member

Regarding Question #1: Just above the details of employer, you must select "Open Work Permit". Once selected, then you'll see that employer details are not required to validate the form, so leave it blank.

If CIC is not asking for tickets, you can give them your expected dates of travel.

Hope this helps!
  3. Iswari

Iswari New Member

Hi Panusa,
    Thanks for your response. Appreciated
  4. Panusa

Panusa Administrator Staff Member

My pleasure.