Immigration Canada - PanCanadian Immigration Law Group

my husbands SSD

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by audrey kankiewicz, Jan 18, 2013.

1. audrey kankiewicz

audrey kankiewicz New Member

if I sponsor my husband to move to Ontario will he be able to get his SSD up there thanks
  2. Panusa

Panusa Administrator Staff Member

Sorry, what do you mean by SSD?
  3. audrey kankiewicz

it is his social security dissability
  4. Panusa

I do know that the US will send SSD payments to Canada (as opposed to other countries). However, you'll have to check if gaining permanent residence in another country somehow disqualifies him (I can't see why but you never know).
  5. audrey kankiewicz

thank you very much and for him to get OHIP does he have to wait to apply or can he as soon as he gets his sponsorship
  6. Panusa

Once he has permanent residence, the waiting period is normally 3 months from the time he establishes residence in Ontario for OHIP.
  7. audrey kankiewicz

thank you very much again you are very helpful and your videos are very great too again thanks
  8. audrey kankiewicz

once I send in my application for my spouse to move to Ontario from USA is he able to cross over into Canada or do we have to wait till we get an answer from Canada Immigration
  9. Pioneer

Pioneer Member

There are some countries where you can still get your Social Security Disability. However, you might not be able to use Medicaid or Medicare there. You still have to be in that country legally, though.