Immigration Canada - PanCanadian Immigration Law Group

Most popular nationalities

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Andy Duhurst, May 15, 2013.

1. Andy Duhurst

Andy Duhurst New Member

Does anyone know which nationalities have the best chance of making it through the increasingly difficult Canadian immigration process? I looked around online but couldn't see any reliable sources of information.
  2. judyk

judyk New Member

Do they discriminate according to nationality? I don't think that's of concern for them. I'm pretty sure they look more at your individual details; and assess your value to their country by what you plan on doing there.
  3. judyk

judyk New Member

I guess I was mistaken. They do give citizens from some countries preference for some reason. I haven't found out why.
  4. Ammie

Ammie New Member

Have you found a list of countries for which priority is given, judyk? Or maybe a link to such information? I do not know much about Canada's immigration system but am in the process of gathering as much information as possible.
  5. loon92

loon92 New Member

I'm curious too. What is the list of countries that have priority over others. I'm thinking it would be countries where your life is in danger, since Canada seems to have peacekeeping history. Would the U.S. be further down the list?
  6. slovakhope

slovakhope New Member

Correct me if I'm wrong, but my understanding is that, until recently, there was supposed to be no prejudice as to where you came from, unlike other countries that are very clear as to where they want immigrants from. Some countries have 'quotas' as to who they want coming in from where.
  7. Immi2111

Immi2111 New Member

I don't know of any preference giving to certain countries, just variations in difficulty depending on how you are gaining residence (through marriage, relative, working, etc.).