Immigration Canada - PanCanadian Immigration Law Group

Most changes to the immigration system....ever!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Panusa, Apr 20, 2012.

1. Panusa

Panusa Administrator Staff Member

In the last few months, here have been more changes to the Canadian immigration system than we've seen in many, many years.

I think on balance, they will result in positive changes to the system. The government is determined to shorten wait times dramatically and improve immigrant's chances of getting immediate employment by tying admission to the needs of employers.

We'll see how it turns out as the changes begin to roll-out later this year.
  2. abroaduni

abroaduni New Member

I hope,Canadian government will think about them and bring some changes in immigration system.And hopefully,it would be improved soon.

immigrating to canada
  3. Queenie

Queenie New Member

Very interesting. Has anything been implemented yet? How is it working out? As a U.S. citizen who lived in Canada at one time, I remain curious about changes to their immigration policies. I very much enjoyed my time there and going back is an option that has always been on the table, so I need to keep up with these things.
  4. Panusa

Panusa Administrator Staff Member

The new points system should be released in January 2013 - we'll then see if the latest changes have a positive effect or not.
  5. Queenie

Queenie New Member

One thing I really like about Canada is that they are always working on the immigration system to make it work the best for everyone involved. Hopefully the latest updates will bring positive changes.
  6. Magnolias

Magnolias New Member

What do you think could prompt all those changes? Was there a change in the CIC administration or could it be related to the economic situation?
  7. Shineey

Shineey New Member

My understanding is that more emphasis (via points) will be laced on language skills. Those with a decent level of both English and French will be way ahead of the field. When I first started thinking about moving to Canada the points threshold had just been reduced from 75 to 67. Anyone know what it is now?
  8. Pioneer

Pioneer Member

Many countries work on what they can do to improve their immigration system. The illegal alien population is out of control, everywhere! They have to become stricter, to protect everyone involved.