Immigration Canada - PanCanadian Immigration Law Group

Mild diabetes block me from PR?

Discussion in 'Medical Conditions' started by JuanRT, Feb 24, 2012.

1. JuanRT

JuanRT New Member

I plan to apply to CEC when have right experience. I have mild diabetes, not insulin yet, preevent me from getting PR?
  2. Panusa

Panusa Administrator Staff Member

In my experience, mild diabetes as you described should not make you inadmissible.
  3. Pioneer

Pioneer Member

If it is so mild that you don't need medication as of yet, why would you even report it? If I were you, at this point I would just take precautions to prevent it from getting worse.
  4. Pioneer

Pioneer Member

If it is only "mild", you should be happy. If you don't need to take medication yet, there is really no need to report it. You still might even have a chance to keep it under control.
  5. Panusa

It's not really a matter of reporting it. When you take your medical, it will no doubt be discovered (and you certainly don't want to make any sorts of misrepresentations). The doctor will provide an opinion to CIC whether it is serious enough to make you inadmissible or not.
  6. Shineey

Shineey New Member

It's good news if people with diet controlled diabetes do not face discrimination. This is also a condition that can sometimes be overcome with a change in lifestyle. Many people don't know the difference between insulin and diet based diabetes, so they worry about it.
  7. Panusa

Yes, that's very true.