Immigration Canada - PanCanadian Immigration Law Group

LMO, work hours

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by hadasp, Nov 28, 2015.

1. hadasp

hadasp New Member

Good night, I have a question and I would like to know if somebody can help me!

My case is that I have a LMO. The LMO says in working hours, 7 hours per day or 35 hours a week and I think that they should provide me all this hours because is a contract.

The LMO is room service , we are now in low season, and they dont sell rooms so I only get 25 hours a week or less.

Other people with open work permits also have 25 hours or less , but there are people who get 40 hours a week, depends of the manager decision.

I talked with the manager and requested him to give me 35 hours as the LMO said, but he told me that he called Canada Service and they told him that if the hotel doesnt have budget they dont have to provide me 35 horas

Somebody know if this is true ? I sign a contract with them for 35 hours , I can not work anywhere else , and with 25 hours is almost impossible to live , I have to keep paying the house , food , bills and at the end almost I have no money.

They dont have hours for the people with LMO but they still hired more people.

Is possible that they can hire more and more people, call people part time that already have another job, and the people with LMO as me, we cant have another job, dont have hours?

How is possible that the signed a contract with me for 35 hours and now they only provide me 25? They dont have to pay me all the hours and I cant work in another place? is this possible?

I dont know what I can do, and I google but I cant find something about this or a document to show the manager in the case that he is cheating me!

Thanks you so much!!