Immigration Canada - PanCanadian Immigration Law Group

How long for LMO?

Discussion in 'Working in Canada' started by JuanRT, Feb 8, 2012.

1. JuanRT

JuanRT New Member

I am from Mexico but my job does not fit to NAFTA professional. I got job offer from company in Alberta and they do LMO. Have not heard nothing - how long for LMO do you know?
  2. Panusa

Panusa Administrator Staff Member

My last Alberta LMO in late 2011 took 6 weeks. It can take longer if the employer doesn't return Service Canada's phone calls in a timely manner (they always call the employer). Hope this helps.
  3. Wanderer

Wanderer New Member

I have heard that the processing of LMO can take between 4 to 12 weeks. However, I think that LMO processing time varies from province to province and there are other factors that could affect the whole process.
  4. Maple

Maple New Member

I know someone whose employer got the LMO done in about five weeks. From what I've heard, it is very important that the application is filled out and done correctly so as to avoid delays.
  5. PerpetualStudent

PerpetualStudent New Member

Juan, I had the chance to fly to Edmonton, Alberta for some of my courses about ten years ago. It was in the middle of February and I thought I was going to the North Pole at that time. Instead, I fell in love with the place. I want to go back. I hope you are able to get the papers you need soon enough to take the job.
  6. judyk

judyk New Member

Hi people. Is there a glossary thread anywhere in this forum? There are many terms I am yet unfamiliar with. What is an LMO?

Thanks